And The Insta-Grammy Goes To…
New year, new you!
Well, it’s now the 13th January so that’s probably not the case anymore as your new year’s resolution fades to the back of your mind… But you know what might give you that extra boost to change up the diet, wardrobe and boost that morale? Instagram. Well, it might not boost the morale but it sure is a good way to stay in the know and here’s how and, more importantly, who.
- Megan Ellaby. Follow @meganellaby for all things fashion. She is a personal stylist for ASOS and loves to post her cool, edgy styles. Although I warn you, this may lead to serious style envy so keep your purse close because online shopping is only one click away.
- For daily motivation, follow Lucy Mecklenburgh, @lucymeck1. The ex The Only Way Is Essex star has her own fitness program, ‘Results with Lucy’. It’s cheaper than a gym membership (well cheaper than mine anyway! #studentproblems). Follow as she flaunts her flawless body on beach holidays with current boyfriend, Olympic gymnast, Louis Smith. On top of it all, she even has her own boutique! Fashion, health tips, exercise ideas and some male eye candy, what more could you want?
- 2016’s new ‘IT’ girl! Mark my words! Hailey Baldwin, daughter of actor Steve Baldwin and Justin Bieber’s latest squeeze. The 19 year old model’s pals include Kendall Jenner and Cody Simpson so for an inside glimpse at the lifestyles of the young, rich and famous, follow @haileybaldwin. ** Warning! includes yacht getaways, celeb selfies and an amazing beach body. May lead to intense jealousy.**
- For all things arty follow @ulsterfashiongraduates. This account was created by final year textile students to showcase up and coming local designers for the University of Ulster, Belfast. Great to see works in progress and for inspiration for your own creative projects.
- Want to know what it’s like succeeding in world domination? Follow @taylorswift. She invented the term #squadgoals with her long list of celebrity friends. With her 1989 world tour you get to see all the behind the scenes action, videos and glitzy stage outfits. Not to mention her adorable cats and the handsome Calvin Harrison.
- Follow Rosie Huntington-Whitely if you love all things floaty, feminine and glamorous. Rosie has a collection of gorgeous, vintage-inspired and affordable lingerie and nightwear with Marks and Spencer which she unashamedly plugs on her Instagram account.
- Ashley Graham. You might not know her… Yet! This girl is taking the fashion scene by storm with her lingerie line and the best part about it… she’s plus size. With fans like Khloe Kardashian backing her, Ashley’s face will be everywhere in 2016. With lots of body confident shots in bikinis, she gives her followers a realistic idea of what is beautiful. Ashley, we salute you!
- Number 1 for street style, @zara_international is the way to go. Plenty of fash-inspiration and easy-to-recreate looks.
- Sara O’Neill is a young stylist/designer from the north coast. Sara posts pictures of her work and how she has styled them, teaming up with different photographers and models to make her creations come to life. She also posts some amazing sights to see around our beautiful north coast. One to watch.
- And finally the Insta-grammy for best up and coming newsfeed goes to… @harrisonbelfast. No bias here, obvs. Keep up to date with the latest collections, must have looks, and behind the scenes action.
So there you have it, our very own 2016’s ones to watch. Cara Delevingne we are leaving you and your eyebrows in the past and moving on to bigger and better things.
That’s all from me.