12 Things To Do This December
For those of you living under a rock, it’s the 1st of December meaning the countdown to Christmas is well and truly on. Crept up fast, right? Worry not, here’s how you can make the most of Decembrrr.
1. First things first! Be prepared! Get that Secret Santa present bought early, because no one wants to be stuck in the hustle and bustle of stressed out, last minute shoppers. Trust me.
2. Bake. Grab your apron folks (if you’re lucky, Margaret might have gotten you one last year for Christmas) and follow this easy recipe for festive and delicious gingerbread men – and women! Why not fashion them into people you know from work and bring them into the office as a holiday treat? A thoughtful and personal way to spread some joy!
3. Visit the Belfast Christmas Market. Get a few friends together and make a day of it in the city. It’s a foodies dream with everything from delicious crêpes to, um, ostrich burgers. Hey, something for everybody! Just don’t forget to sip some mulled wine as you stroll past the pretty lights of the carousel.
4. “Baby it’s cold outside” so invest in a proper winter coat. Puffer coats are the way forward, trust me. Hands down the best investment you can make. Well, fashion wise. Just behind some serious arm candy.
5. Have a movie night. Things can get a little stressful at this time of year, helped along by bad driving conditions and long shopping queues (not a problem online mind you), so take some time out, grab some chocolates and have a movie night. Watch Home Alone, Elf, White Christmas, Serendipity, Miracle on 34th Street or – our personal favourite, closely followed by The Muppet Christmas Carol; It’s a Wonderful Life.
6. Eat, drink and be merry! Diets are banned in December. Drink mulled wine, eat mince pies and the entire contents of the Quality Street box because Christmas is for celebrating, not calorie counting.
7. Go see a pantomime. Oh, yes you should. Sorry. A family day out to the Grand Opera House to see this year’s panto will give everyone a good laugh.
8. Get crafty, whether it’s decorations or gifts, make your own! Hint: Homemade Damson Gin always makes a delightful treat.
9. Pamper party for one! Before the Christmas party hopping starts, get primping. This should include exfoliating and moisturizing your skin before the important tanning process.
10. Visit family and friends. Yes I know, we are all just so busy, but nothing is more important than spending time with loved ones and don’t forget your elders. What’s better than having catch-ups with friends over some hot chocolate and marshmallows?
11. Wear a Christmas jumper. Thankfully, there is only a small window of opportunity to wear one. Go all out (have an ostrich burger too while you’re at it) or go for the more subtle approach with one of our less is more options.
12. Step into sequins. Why not? If you can’t sparkle at New Year’s then when can you? Pile on those sequins, slick on some lippy and pucker up under the mistletoe.
Have a wonderful December and Merry Christmas, everbody.
That’s all from me!